Tuesday, December 11, 2007

To Caleb:

We haven't had our memorial for Caleb yet, it will be in January, when he should have been born. I am putting together everything I want read when we scatter his ashes. They are from my favorite children's books.

This is the first:

“Pooh, promise you won’t forget about me ever. Not even when I’m
a hundred."
Pooh thought for a little. “How old shall I be then?”
“Ninety-nine.”
Pooh nodded. “I promise,” he said.
Still with his eyes on the world, Christopher Robin put out a hand
for Pooh’s paw.
“Pooh, whatever happens, you will understand, won’t you?”
“Understand what?”
“Oh, nothing.” He laughed and jumped to his feet. “Come on!”
“Where?” said Pooh.
“Anywhere,” said Christopher Robin.
So they went off together. But wherever they go, and
Whatever happens to them on the way,
In that enchanted place on the top of the Forest,
A little boy and his Bear will always be playing.

Somwhere, I hope my Caleb is playing with his Bear.



1 comment:

c. said...

That is very touching, Kalakly. What a wonderful idea. That Winnie the Pooh one breaks my heart and makes it sing at the same time. I wish your Caleb could be here playing with you instead. Hugs, hugs, hugs.