Thursday, December 6, 2007

Does Hallmark make a card for this?

I opened my mail yesterday, I thought I was opening a Christmas card from my sister's sisiter-in-law, who I know pretty well from a decade of being "sort of" related. We don't socialize often but are kept up on each other via my sister and see each other at the big family events. She lives only 15 minutes away from me. She knows about my horrific miscarriage last year and she most certainly knows about our Caleb.

She never sent anything to us when Caleb died. No card, no letter, no phone call, nothing.

Yesterday, she sent me the Birth Announcement of her daughter, photos and all, born two weeks after my Caleb.

I threw it away.

Maybe I should send her my pictures of Caleb. No, that might be upsetting, wouldn't want to spoil thier day. (sarcasm included)




7 comments:

Coggy said...

It never does cease to amaze me the shear thoughtlessness of people now.
Why would you want to see that?
It's like the video I mentioned on my blog that I was emailed recently. The urge to send an equivalent video of the little I have left to remind me of my son was too, too tempting.
Instead I just removed my account from the photo sharing website and hoped that would be enough to make them realise.
I'm sorry you had to receive that stuff. The bin is probably the best place for it.

Coggy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ashleigh said...

Ugh- if that doesnt deserve a "bite me" I dont know what does.....

I had a similar experience about a week or so after Owen died, I opened what I assumed was a sympathy card from an old friend and found instead a baby shower invitation- I never responded

c. said...

You are telling my story. I can't believe how similar we are.

I am so very sorry for your loss. Losing a baby is nothing short of spirit-breaking. I wish you didn't have to go through this.

Mrs. Collins said...

ugghhh. So sorry. The same thing happened to me. I found your blog for the directory. I'm sorry for your loss of your darling son Caleb.

Debbie said...

I don't even know what to say to that. How thoughtless.

Jules UmmEmJoey said...

I lost my Joey, a little less than two months ago. Today my brother and his wife had their first child, a son.

I can't decide how to feel. Mostly I feel sad.

Thank you for this blog, it helps me to feel more "normal" for the feelings I am having...