The lovely CLC has tagged me to do this meme and I as I said to her, "What, the old underwear and chewing gum wasn't enough to scare you off of me already???"
Mention six quirky, yet boring, unspectacular details about yourself. Tag six other bloggers by linking to them. Go to each person’s blog and leave a comment that lets them know they’ve been tagged. If you participate, let the person know who tagged you you’ve posted your quirks!
Okay, so here goes...
1. I sleep with the t.v. on. All the time, everywhere. I once told my husband I couldn't stay in this beautiful, hundreds of years old, converted schoolhouse B & B up in Napa, that he had pulled many strings to get us into, because it didn't have a t.v. in it. (We ended up staying but only because, aha, they found a small t.v. I could use. Aren't people great!! I'm sure they didn't think I was.)
2. Speaking of sleeping, I still have my 'favorite blanket' that I have to have on my bed sleep. I won't travel with it only for fear of losing it,but any other time, it's on my bed. Husband even brought to the hospital when I had the kids. It's ratty and worn and ugly as sin, but I still love it anyway.
3. I swear like a sailor. I know you are all shocked as hell and you already may know this about me, but, sadly, so do my kids. Although I always tell them the really bad words aren't the ones I use, those are just the ones we don't say in front of grandma and grown ups we don't know well, the bad words are words like, "Fat", "Retard", "Stupid", any words that are meant to hurt someone elses feelings. Those are the ones that are off limits to the kidlets. However, I do expect for them to ask me one day, "Mommy, when you call the other drivers 'fucking idiots' is that meant to hurt their feelings?" I still have to work on the right answer for that.
4. I prefer cookie dough to the actual cookies. I will make cookie batter just to eat it and if there isn't enough batter left to make a decent batch after I have had my share, I'll just make a couple of giant cookies and pretend that was what I had wanted to do all along. I suspect people are on to my game...
5. Speaking of eating, I love to eat in bed. One of my favorite things to do at night is make a snack and it eat up in my bed after everyone is asleep. I get to watch t.v. or read a book and enjoy my nibbles and NO ONE bothers me. What more could a girl want I ask you.
6. My house is a cat magnet. I by revealing this fact that I have probably eliminated any hope of having CLC come and visit me, damn it, but I have to be honest. Cats, usually pregnant ones, literally land in my yard and refuse to leave. In the last year alone we have fostered 13 outside cats, 3 inside cats (the ones we actually meant to keep) and now as I finally found homes for the last mommy cat and her 5 kittens that she had in our garage rafters, 3 more kittens showed up in my backyards and have now taken up residence. I swear to G.O.D., there is some underground cat railroad and our house has been marked as a safe house for strays. I am beginning to wish I had a little of the cat fear CLC speaks of, maybe it would help me repel the pesky felines. So if anyone wants a really cute kitty, you know how to reach me!
Alright, if you are still reading, I am supposed to tag 6 more of you so here goes. Antigone, Charmed Girl, Kate(Nicholas Garden), Sarah(La Vie en Ross), STE and Reese. Have at it ladies:)